Friday, August 31, 2012

Overcoming Discouragement


Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
John 14:1



Discouragement can be so debilitating and can destroy our self confidence.  We can become unstable, afraid and under valued.

A past employer found enjoyment in discouraging me.  For him, it brought a strange kind of satisfaction.  For every discouraging comment I received from him, I would run back to my desk and write out five encouraging things about myself.  In those five things, I always gave God the glory for all those gifts.  This habit of writing down my list of encouragement was helpful when dealing with discouragement.

It is not necessarily wrong to say good things about yourself.  God's light and wisdom is in you.  He created you.  He planned you and He loves you.  When we make mistakes we should not be discouraged by them, but learn from our mistakes.  When others put us down we need to remember who we are in Christ.

Train yourself to think positive especially when discouragement comes.  Don't allow the enemy to win.  We are children of a King.  Despite the low emotions we go through at times, we are still His beloved children.  We should not be afraid what mere man can do to us!

Blessings!

Overcoming What Scares Us

No comments:

Post a Comment