Monday, July 9, 2012

Sadness on my First Post



Wish I could say that I started off this blog on an uplifting and positive note - but I can't.  After all, my goal for my website and blogging is all about helping women, right?   My passion is to encourage and motivate women to be the kind of woman God has intended them to be.  Unfortunately, trials in life takes it toll and my emotions are fried!  Fear has come in and taken over.  I hate that!

But have I been faithful in reading my bible daily?  No.   I have been taking the extra time to be in prayer and asking God for guidance throughout my day?  No.  I have allowed life and all it's busyness and all it's demands to take control.  Big mistake on my part!

So, of this moment, I'm reclaiming all that is mine from the enemy.  I dropping all the other demands and chores that life screams at me and sitting down in my quiet, tranquil living room and reading my bible, looking up encouraging scripture and keeping God close to me throughout the day.

Here are some uplifting scripture and quote to share with my friends.  I hope it will bless you today!


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  John 14:25

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, I realize it has been some time since you posted this but would like to respond anyway. I do hope your emotional state has improved however we tend to ride an emotional roller coaster much of our lives.

    I have designed a website focused on encouragement for women, but my approach is slightly different. (woman2woman.website)

    I have been a Christian for fifty years and firmly believe God is always the answer. That does not mean everyone will be able to tap into scripture immediately with the desired result.

    We are all unique individuals with differing backgrounds, education, ethnic origin, and experiences. While God's Word is a 'one size fits all' in principle, there are many, many different methods of application.

    It is for this reason I designed my site to allow women from many different backgrounds to share their experiences. We all go through difficult times - this is a promise to believers. It is not a negative thing quite the contrary. It is God's way of shaping us into the image of His son.

    When encouraging women who are hurting, (for whatever reason), it is important to relate to their circumstances. I personally have a difficult time taking advice from someone who has never walked my pathway. I want to know you have been there and can feel my pain as I do. I lost my husband of 52 years - a few years ago. The pain I suffered (and still do) is beyond my ability to relate. The only thing that has helped me is knowing someone else has had the same experience and lived to tell about it.

    Visit our site and send us an email - I would like to know how you are doing.

    Hope

    ReplyDelete